So, I've decided to be very 2008 and start a blog. It all started when playing phone tag when with a friend. We really wanted to catch up but, our schedules just were not in sync. We kept asking each other questions on voicemail. One day I told her, "I'm going to start a blog so we can catch up" and well finally, here it is.
As many of you know, Ryan and I have been trying to become parents for a couple years now. The last year has been full of infertility treatments - more lab tests and doctor's appointments for Ryan and I both than we care to count. Plus surgery and pills for me. If you have been lucky enough to never go down the infertility path you may not realize that with today's technology there is almost always the possibility of conceiving a child. For us, the possibility is smaller than we were comfortable with. So, we have decided to adopt!
Honestly, we couldn't be more excited. We've been furiously working on all of our paperwork to become "active" with the agency we have selected. As of today, we have only our final home study visit and my physical with the internist left. The agency is working on finishing off our profile and reviewing our documents. Most of this will wrap up by the second week of April. Then we wait for the home study to be written up and then its waiting for the agency to make an approval decision.
Of course, after that comes the "big wait". This would be the time between being approved and actually being selected by a birth mother. We look forward to this final stage before being matched with a child. I'm sure it will be difficult for me to wait, its not really my strong suit ;o). But- through all of this we are learning so much about ourselves and growing individually and as a couple every day. This version of "expecting" is still a beautiful, exciting and yes some days stressful time in our lives.
I look forward to documenting our journey through this blog. And if you find it fun to read, that's cool too. Its so hard to stay in touch with people these days. Everyone is so busy with their own lives (family, careers, travel..you know the drill). Often when I think it would be good to catch up with someone, I look at the clock and realize its dinnertime, bedtime or way too late. I'm hopeful you will post comments and we can keep up in the "cyberworld" where what time you chose to "talk" doesn't mean waking someone up!
Happy Easter to all! Enjoy the holiday and "March Madness". GO VOLS!
11 years ago
3 comments:
Glad you posted on the baby journey, I have been wondering how it was going for you guys. Ever considered surrogacy? I have a friend who had a very easy pregnancy that has considered it... just a thought. Love u guys, holla when you get over this way!
This is great! I already have your "blog" saved to my favorites. I can't wait to read the entry that the baby is coming home. Randy and I have some friends here in Vegas that went onto Deal or No Deal to win money for their adoption. They have a beautful little boy that is about a year old now. Amazingly, they also just found out that she is expecting. They too went through all the fertility options and had no success. Never say never!
This is soo great - now I can keep up with you guys & your journey. Thank you so much for sharning this part of your life with us - We pray that your baby is in your arms soon!
Post a Comment