Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April 1, 2008

Don't worry - no item below is an April Fools joke!

Greetings from sunny San Antonio! I’m here for work this week. My first visit here, so I’m hoping to have some time to take in the sights.

Now to the adoption update… We are mostly in a waiting mode. We had a call with our social worker last Friday. It went well, she went over some of our paperwork with us and set some expectations as we get closer to being “activated”. We’re patiently waiting for our profile to be complete. Our SW will provide some comments on it and we’ll have a chance to edit before it gets posted to the web.

Next week will be a big week. I have my physical with my internist on Monday. Ryan is a better patient than me and was current on his physical so he just had to get his doc to fill out the paperwork. It feels like I’ve been waiting forever for this appointment. When I first called in Feb, my appointment was in mid June! Several weeks of stalking the appointment desk got me to the day that is almost here.

Our home study visit is on Friday. So, you can guess what our weekend will be spent doing! Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning.

It looks like the end of next week we will finish off all our paperwork. Then it’s all off to the agency to review for activation. Yippee!

We’ve also started pursuing some independent avenues for potential adoption situations. My dad visited his former colleagues last week to distribute profiles. We also sent some off to our local attorney. We don’t know if anything will come of these inquiries. But, it never hurts to try!

Last weekend we were in Knoxville to watch Mom, Jimmy and some friends complete a relay of the Knoxville marathon. While there mom, Lisa and I visited an AWESOME children’s resale shop (The Adorable Child – if you’re in Knoxville check it out). I couldn’t help myself… I bought a few things. Just can’t say no to a good deal! It feels good to finally feel confident a baby is coming!

Trying to think of some ways to occupy my mind/time with things other than adoption. Any ideas? I’m floating a few in my head. We’ll see what comes of it…

No comments: