Saturday, April 26, 2008

Question of the Week 2 and update

Happy weekend! We just spent the morning watching my mom complete the Country Music 1/2 Marathon. A perfect cloudy day for her and she had a personal best time! Go mom!!! We enjoyed seeing her at mile 2 and 9 while enjoying the "country music mile", then the finish at LP Filed (where the Titans play). Very inspiring to see all those people achieve their goal.

Now to the adoption update. We received our home study this week. We passed!! Just need to make a few corrections before it is off to the agency. Then we should be activated!

And here's another question of the week. This time the topic is diapers... I've heard several say they are "brand loyal" and yes I want to use a diaper that works! I'm also curious if any of you have given cloth diapers a shot. I'd love to be green and use cloth but not really sure that's practical. Maybe I should be green by turning down my AC instead! Thanks for participating in last week's question, your insight is fun and helpful! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on diapers!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have used papmers exclusively with both a boy and a girl and have had no complaints! I'd love to say go cloth, but there is no way I personally could have done it!

Lenda said...

Actually, I used cloth when you were a baby - it's easier if you use diaper service. Not sure how the cost compares with buying disposables. Disposables are probably easier - just toss them instead of carrying the soiled ones around. Therein, lies the "green" debate!!

Hey, thanks for all the support on the marathon course yesterday!! It's such a boost to see you cheering me on.

Anonymous said...

Although my heart is forever loyal to Huggies for its awesome cameo in the movie Raising Arizona, we always buy Pampers. The newborn Pamper Swaddlers are the best. When baby gets older, use the Papmers Cruisers (not Pampers Baby Dry - they leak, at least on girls). But, Huggies makes reclosable pull-ups for potty training time which we use at night for Anna.

Anonymous said...

It all depends on the age and the child. I love Pampers Swaddlers when they are little and then the Cruisers when they start moving around a lot. I hated Luvs as for me they leaked (even though they advertise leak guard protection). I have also used the White Cloud (from Wal-Mart).

Anonymous said...

I also used cloth with Ryan and they worked fine. I tried the disposables, which were pretty new at that time and they gave him a horrible diaper rash. You also have to use plastic diaper covers with the cloth diapers. You might consider using cloth at home and disposable when when on the go.

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I agree with Stacey's comments...
Pampers Swaddlers are GREAT for the newborns. Once you graduate out of those, go to Pampers Cruisers. I've had the same experience with the Baby Dry's leaking.

If you seriously want to go "green" (although I don't know why), check out this website.
www.gDiapers.com. It's a "flushable" diaper. I briefly considered this option. There is a "demo" of how the flushing aspect works.

Also, you need to think about daycare. If you're going to continue to work...I'm not sure Daycares will allow cloth diapers. Don't know that for sure, but something to think about.